My Favorite Foundations
I get asked about foundation almost every day. It always has to do with what would work best for a certain skin type and a general lack of knowledge about what is actually available that performs. I think it is really hard for most women to go to a department store and find help that is informative, because most of the time the reps are more concerned about sales. I completely understand the dilemma, so I hope this article will be helpful!
These foundations are some of my all time favorites and I love them because they work for most skin types, except very dry or oily (I will have separate blog article for each of those skin types). I recommend them to clients all the time and I go back to them over and over again in my kit.
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation: This foundation is the best selling foundation in the world and that is definitely for a good reason. It goes on like silk, exactly as the name suggests, and has buildable coverage with a luminous finish. It also has a ground breaking micro-fil technology, making it feel weightless while still being hydrating. This foundation works for all skin types and can be left as is for those with dryer skin, or it can be set with a translucent powder for those with more oily skin to help it really last. This is my personal favorite!
- M.A.C. Face and Body Foundation: This foundation has been around for years and it is still backstage at every fashion show in the world. As the name suggests, this foundation can be used on the face and all over the body. It is has a unique property that allows it to set up on the skin so it does not rub off on clothing and becomes water resistant. The coverage is buildable from sheer to medium and the finish is a natural-shine. Due to the properties in this foundation, it does not need to be set with powder and it does very well in humid climates. Almost undetectable on the skin and beyond easy to blend into the skin, a total must for those who prefer a natural, fresh look.
- Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation: This foundation has made a huge splash in the beauty world over the last few years. It was made for the newer technology of HD film and photography. It is oil free, has medium coverage that is buildable to full coverage, and it has an amazing soft focus effect on the skin. It is perfect for everyday use or when you need a bit more coverage. I prefer to set it around the t-zone with a bit of powder. It really does give a flawless finish to the skin without looking overdone, even close up.
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation: This foundation is just something special on the skin. It gives a youthful appearance without being heavy and it has an SPF 15, so it is perfect for everyday wear. The formula is a hybrid fluid with a water-light texture that is oil free, much like a tinted moisturizer. I love this foundation for everyday, and it is perfect for normal skin types and those comfortable with lighter coverage.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: This foundation is relatively new and feels beautiful on the skin. The formulation is rich and luminous, with fuller coverage. I really like how long-wearing it is, it sets up on the skin and stays put. I also love that it goes on so easy, like a face creme, and gives you plenty of time to actually blend it into the skin before it sets. I think this foundation is perfect for most, even those with a bit more oily skin, and that want some coverage that lasts.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation: The name says it all on this foundation, it is made for those that have a problem with their foundation lasting. The formulation is specifically made for those with more oily skin, it has a more matte finish, and mattifiers built in to the formula. There is a drying time to consider with this product, as it give you less time to blend the foundation in before it sets up, but the coverage is buildable from medium to full. I like this foundation for very humid days, summer time, and of course if your skin is prone to the oily side.
- Yves Saint Laurent Le Tint Touche Eclat: This foundation really does illuminate the skin, just as it's namesake is famous for. It has light to medium coverage, spf, good blendability, and skin blurring technology. It adds a glow to the skin, masks flaws, but still manages to be pretty weightless. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to brighten their skin and get that luminescent look.